Not turning on
We’ll get you up and running faster than the Genius Bar!
Is your Macbook not turning on? There are standard failure modes for each year which we are familiar with repairing.
Apple often quotes $750-$1250 as a flat rate to “fix everything.” They fit you into a specific repair tier regardless of your issue, often charging an exorbitant amount of money even if you have a simple problem. We can often fix the problem for less than half their price. Our approach is to figure out your specific, unique problem, and charge you for repairing that only.
What’s the cause?
There could be a number of causes for your device not turning on:
- The charging port is broken and not sending power.
- The power button is stuck on, and preventing your MacBook from booting up.
- The trackpad is connected to the System Management Controller (SMC) that controls the circuits that power your device. A damaged trackpad could affect the SMC and prevent your MacBook from powering on.
- Circuts inside the logic board get damaged, and will not send power to the right components.
- Damaged ports on a MacBook can short components.
- Liquid spilled on your laptop can cause corrosion, shorting, and prevents boot up of your device.
We provide a free estimate, but to give you a general idea of prices, see below. Pricing for specific services depends on the year & model of your machine. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions, the more detail you give us on machine history/year/model #, the better we can assist you.
- Broken charging port
- Keyboard replacement
- Trackpad replacement
- Broken power circuit
- Broken USB / HDMI ports
- Liquid damage repair
If your laptop is completely dead, there is no way for us to tell you precisely what’s wrong without seeing it. Did you know we offer free estimates? We’ll open it up and see what’s wrong for free; with free estimates you have nothing to lose! You won’t be obligated to go ahead with a repair, and we’ll explain what the problem was at no charge.
Top Reasons To Have Your Repairs Done By Us
- We stock our parts, so that means that you save time.
- Our pricing is fair.
- We use grade A+ parts.
- We can repair motherboard component level issues.
Call or Visit Us
Monday-Friday – 12 PM to 8 PM
Saturday-Sunday 12 PM to 4 PM
186 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10009